Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!

I am now going to share my New Year’s resolution with you. It’s not losing weight or quitting anything. It’s not anything for my own personal gain at all. Instead it’s more about the future of this sad government of ours. From here on out I shall do my best to support candidates from any party but the Republicans and the Democrats.

I have officially forsaken them both as best as I am able. Now mind you if Dennis Kucinich runs for President, I’m in. I’m a big Kucinich fan. He may be officially a Democrat but he acts nothing like a typical politician. So Dennis is all right with me.

But as for most of the rest of them, I’m done with them. I’ve grown weary of the scandals and backbiting and being obedient little corporate lap dogs. I’ve had enough and I refuse to take it anymore. I’m moving on to a saner place.

The Jack Abramoff scandal is threatening to take down as many as 20 senators and representatives from both parties. The wire tapping scandal may end up causing far more damage to this country than any terrorist could ever do. We need change my friends and you can’t get change by voting from the same two tired old parties. It’s time to think outside the box.

I know I’m probably going to be awfully lonely in my little revolution. I don’t care though. I’m fed up and I want this country to fulfill its promise and live up to its potential.

Once again I hope you have a happy new year. I shall leave you with a quote from Voltaire I think it applies.

"If there were only one religion in England there would be danger of despotism; if there were two they would cut each other’s throats. But there are thirty, and they live in peace and happiness."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home