Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Do you remember the Dr. Hook song, “On the Cover of the Rolling Stone”? It was all about how he was so happy that he was a cover boy for Rolling Stone. He was, if memory serves, “gonna buy five copies for my mother”. Apparently he didn’t get any issues comped to him. Anyway I don’t think President Bush is going to be so happy to be a cover boy for Rolling Stone. You see, gentle reader, they ask whether he is the worst president ever.

Please go forth and read the article. Worst President Ever?

If you read my blog regularly you know I’m not a Bush fan, to put it mildly. So I won’t spend a whole lot of your time bashing him anymore. But I will bring up a few things from the article that grabbed my attention.

President Bush has borrowed more money from foreign governments and financial institutions than the previous forty-two presidents combined. Let that sink in for a moment. It’s been said that if China or any of our foreign creditors ever decided to call us on our debt we’d be doomed. The national debt is about 8.4 trillion dollars. Bush took office with a budget surplus left from President Clinton’s administration. Bush is also the only president to ever give a tax cut in a time of war. The war is Iraq has cost us about 275 billion dollars. That’s enough to insure over 164 million children for one year.

The other thing that grabbed me was the quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson, "a foolish consistency . . . adored by little statesmen,” By God if that doesn’t sum up Bush I don’t know what does.

I know that I said I was not going to bash Bush as much anymore. I apologize for my own thoughtlessness. I just didn’t think the man could keep screwing up. But he does! It’ staggering.

Neil Young has recorded a song called “Impeach the President”. But I suggest to you that he had already written what should be the anthem of this administration. It is simply titled “Fucking Up”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home