Friday, March 24, 2006

Remember when I said I was going to take it easy on George Bush? I was in error. Sorry about that.

Our fearless leader has shown his true colors yet again. When he resigned the Patriot Act he added an addendum in which he stated that he does not feel obliged to inform Congress of how the FBI is using it’s expanded police powers. You read all about it here. Link to the article

OK, this might be nothing. But I doubt it. This administration has already done everything in its power to operate under a cloak of secrecy. I sincerely doubt that W would add this addendum unless he had some motive to do so. That’s what scares me.

According to ole W, freedom is on the march or it’s spreading or words to that effect. Anyway in Afghanistan right now a man by the name of Abdul Rahman is facing death for a crime. What grievous criminal act did he commit? He converted to Christianity. It’s nice to freedom’s march was so vigorous it went right by Afghanistan.

You see when people are far more devoted to their faith than their country; equality for everyone is kind of rough sledding.

Want another reason to dislike the Bush family? Good, because I got one. Barbara Bush, the President’s mom not his daughter, made a donation to the charity that her husband and Bill Clinton set up to aid Katrina victims. This would be a good thing except she earmarked a portion of it go to purchase educational software manufactured by her son Neil. Nepotism is so ugly. Does this woman even have a soul?

I know I goofed. I promised to leave George Bush alone for a while. But it’s just so damn hard! He keeps making mistake on top of mistake. How people haven’t stormed the White House with torches is totally beyond me. This president makes Richard Nixon look like Abraham Lincoln.

I’d say more but I might come off like a stark raving lunatic. Not that I have never sounded like that before I’m sure. It’s just that this administration does so much wrong that I tend to get a little frustrated.

I like the good ole USA, really I do. I just wish her people were a bit more active and proactive with regards to their government. It’s your country. Take charge! In this light I shall leave you with the wit and insight of Mark Twain, I feel this really applies.

” Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.”

“The citizen who sees his society's democratic clothes being worn out and does not cry out is not a patriot but a traitor.”

” In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination.”

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home