Thursday, March 23, 2006

I got some good news for those of you who are unsettled by my Bush bashing. I’ve largely given up on this president so there may actually be a decrease in my tirades against this president. I’m not saying they will stop but you might see a lot less of them.

Why the change of heart? Well since Bush has acknowledged that the war in Iraq will be up to other presidents and future Iraqi governments to decide, I’ve decided to back off. I figure if he’s quitting why should I bother? I mean this has been Bush’s legacy in everything he has done. He gets a position, which he royally screws up at, and then walks away. He makes a profit off of some “golden parachute” and he ceases caring.

Now for those of you who find my little rants cute and lovable, fear not constant reader, I will most likely have to slap good ole W around at some point. Can he possibly not screw in the last three years of this term? For the sake of this nation I hope he can. But I doubt it.

In far better news, I’m very happy that the three remaining member of the Christian Peacemaking Team were rescued today. Tom Fox, the one who didn’t make it out alive, will be missed. The world needs more people like Tom Fox. People devoted to making the world a better place are far too rare.

I continue to hope and pray for Jill Carroll and the rest of the hostages in this most unholy war.

Just so you know, I really want Russ Feingold to be my next president. He’s the last man of principle left in the Senate. He’s stood against the Patriot Act and wanted President Bush held accountable for violating the Constitution. Hooray for Feingold! I mean sure it’s been about 25 years since we’ve seen any one of any real character in the White House, but I can dream.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathleen Callon said...

So with you on Russ.

If you want Senator Feingold to run for President in 2008, please, come over to http://russfeingoldpetition.blogspot.com/ and sign the petition.

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home