Friday, November 11, 2005

I would really like to be one of those really laid back happy people. You know the type, the introspective Zen seeker. Instead my life is the downtime between wanting to smack people. Why is that? Is it my German-Irish heritage? Am I a pathetic hothead?

I try, really I do. But, it seems something always comes along to get my panties in a bunch. Maybe I just need to give up all hope for the human race and sit around and laugh at the absurdity of it all. That seems a bit harsh . Though it is under consideration.

What’s got me all worked up? Be ready to duck and cover children.

First off let me work over Pat Robertson. You may remember a while back Pat Robertson, supposedly a Christian, called for the assassination of Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez. Now I could be wrong, though I doubt it, Jesus wasn’t a big proponent of military backed coups and killings. Now old Pat is rambling on about how if anything bad happens to Dover, PA they shouldn’t ask God for help because they have forsaken him. What evil has the city of Dover, PA committed? Is it mass murder? Are their children being molested in the streets? Nope. What Dover, PA did was vote out eight school board members who supported teaching intelligent design in science class and replaced them with people who opposed it. To which I must say, go Dover!

Now I’ve made my feelings about intelligent design being taught in science class known repeatedly. So I will not burden you by beating that dead horse. Instead I shall attack Pat Robertson and his faux faith. As far as I’m concerned only twice has given us a set of rules to live by, the Ten Commandments and the teachings of Jesus Christ particularly the Beatitudes. Everything else is just stuff made up buy people that want to have their own religion. God has never said live in darkness and fear. God does not want us to squander the magnificent minds He gave us. I really believe that He loves it when we cure diseases and feed more people and come closer to understand that which almost incomprehensible. God loves all everyone. He really likes it we use what he has given us to make the world a better place. God would never turn his back on any of us for using our free will.

Pat Robertson is a douche bag. I don’t know if he’s senile or trying to stir up attention for his little 700 Club but he needs to stop. Jesus never was an advocate of violence and intolerance and for Robertson to claim to be teaching His word is just hypocrisy.

Now I shall spew venom in a new direction. Alabama Governor Bob Riley is calling for Alabamans to boycott of Aruba to show support for the family of Natalee Holloway. IF you don’t know who Natalee Holloway is, consider yourself lucky.

I would like to ask Gov. Riley, is his state in perfect order? According to the Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s Website eight children in Alabama having turned up missing in the last year. Who are you going to boycott? Are there no unsolved murders in Alabama? Is Alabama a utopia free of crime?

Now I know that Natalee’s family is under a terrible burden and I do have compassion for them on that level. But to boycott a country that is so dependant on tourism is pathetic. No wonder the rest of the world thinks we’re pompous. So Gov. Riley please lighten up and stop playing up to whatever is hot in the media at the moment and use the brains God gave you.

A brief not here, I know I said I few days ago that I was going to lighten up on the politics and such. I was wrong. Sorry about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home