Monday, September 12, 2005

Greetings and Salutations,

In lieu of writing anything intelligent I just thought I let you in on what has been my reading, listening and viewing pleasure.

Latest book read: Bill Maher’s The Polite Musings of a Timid Observer: This isn’t a bad book not a great book either. Maher is always a bit smug for my taste but he does make a lot of funny observations.

Favorite Book (fiction): Johnny got his Gun by Dalton Trumbo: This is the best anti-war novel ever. If you’ve heard the Metallica song “One” you know the story. If you haven’t it’s a story worth knowing. It’s the tale of a young man who goes to serve in World War I because he thinks it’s his patriotic duty and ends up with legs, arms, voice, sight or hearing. It’s an amazing read and if you haven’t already I highly recommend it.

Favorite Book (non-fiction): The Demon Haunted World Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan: I’ve mentioned this before but I utterly love this book. It’s changed and strengthened the way I think It’s a must read.

Latest movie seen: Tommy Boy: I watched this with a guy at work. It’s quite amazing in that it defies the laws of physics by sucking and blowing at the same time. I think the Geneva Convention outlawed movies like this one as inhumane.

Latest Good Movie seen: Sin City: Wow! This how movies ought to be. Sure it’s crude and violent but it has a unique vision and voice. That’s all I ask of any movie or music or book really. Please have something to say and say it with confidence and authority. Don’ give me this watered down nonsense that is more the work of the marketing department than an artist. Sin City is a great movie and I loved it to bits, but it might not be everyone’s cup of tea.

Latest CD bought: Mesmerize: Again I will say, WOW! Again this might not be everyone’s cup of tea but I just don’t care. It’s unique, they have something to say and they rock. This is one my short list of best CD’s ever. Yes, I love it that much.

Favorite TV Show: Countdown with Keith Olbermann: It’s the only news show worth watching. The rest of my TV viewing is PBS, National Geographic and Discovery Channel stuff. Though I do watch an awful lot of Food Network stuff to kill time and football games will hold my attention.

Ok, you’ve gotten a partial glimpse into my mind and I hope I didn’t scare you too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home