Saturday, September 10, 2005

Greetings Earthlings,

I had a sneaking suspicion that when George W. Bush was reelected for his second term as president that it wouldn’t go smoothly. Let’s face up to facts; we haven’t had a president with a successful second term in office since Eisenhower. So I had lots of faith that good ole W would find some way to screw it up.

I just never imagined that it would be so much so soon.

Let’s see what has gone wrong. Gas prices are as high as they have ever been even if you adjust for inflation. His idea for private accounts for Social Security was about as successful as the Maginot Line. He ignored the mother of a soldier that was killed Iraq, which helped fuel an already growing public disdain for the war in Iraq. His mom is nice enough to go on TV and stick her foot straight in her mouth. His handling of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina has earned him animosity and scorn from all sides of the political and social spectrum.

Wow!

Now I realize that W has 3 more years and change left in his term and his ole buddy Turd Blossom might be able to spin him out of this mess. But he’s also got over three more years to make more mistakes. I hope he doesn’t make any more. I don’t hope for his success because I’m a big W fan, far from it. I just don’t think we can survive many more of his mistakes. I’m sure I can take any more body counts on the news.

See you soon,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home