Saturday, October 15, 2005

I’m having withdrawal symptoms. Three days and no posting, I may need therapy.

Anyway I have this rather big idea I shall soon unleash upon you. You see I have a gripe with current state of American socio-political thinking. We seem to have a rather limited idea of how many sides there are on a given issue. We have narrowed the whole spectrum down to two. Well there are usually three in most polls. There’s side A, side B and the always-entertaining undecided. But that’s about the best you can hope for. We’ve over-simplified thought to the point where you don’t even have to think. You’re either for it or against it. It’s all black or white. No need for shades of gray.

Normally I’m a big simplicity fan. But in this case I must make an exception. Most issues are far too large to be convenient yes or no answers. Plus, the truth is generally somewhere in the middle anyway.

Again I shall soon start whining about this soon. You’ve been warned.

Meanwhile, in other news, Harriet Miers is either smitten with George Bush or she’s got the IQ or a radish. “You’re the best Governor ever”, “He’s the most brilliant man I’ve ever met” please pass the barf bag. Was she nominated for the Supreme Court or Homecoming Queen?

Saddam Hussein is going on trial soon. I wonder how that one will turn out? I must admit I’d pay to see Bush’s reaction if he was found innocent. If or more likely when he’s found guilty he’ll be put to death. How does that fit into Bush’s whole culture of life? I’m just curious.

Note to my Republican friends; if you’re going to start a faux news video service do not hire someone named Mercy Schlapp to anchor it.

See you soon kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home