Sunday, April 30, 2006

HOORAY!

This post marks my 100th post. Wow is seems like only yesterday I was attacking the Bush administration for their awful performance following Hurricane Katrina. Now I’m ripping them for other things like wire-tapping. My how time flies.

Anyway I suppose making it to 100 posts really isn’t that big of a deal. I’m sure lots of bloggers have posted for more than I ever will. But it’s my blog and I’ll do as I please.

I blame my excitement over the 100th post on comic books. Every time a series got to issue #100 there was some sort of special event. There could be a guest star or the death of a supporting character. Sometimes it would be the finale to some multiple issue story arc and you just knew it would rock your socks. I’m such a pathetic nerd.

Anyway since I can’t kill any characters off or get guest stars, I had to come up with something. I mean I’d love to have a guest star on here but usually no one even comments on my blog. So where am I going to get a guest star?

So what did I come up with? I wrote a joke. I hope you like it. I will warn you, it is a bit randy. So if you don’t like such things feel free to skip it. I think the joke is a hoot. So do what makes you a happy camper.

But before I get into the levity, I as always have some random thoughts to inflict upon you.

So I’m at Mass last Saturday when I notice someone sitting in the pew in front of me is wearing a t-shirt. On the sleeve is written “Catholic to the Max.com”. I’m a practicing Catholic and I will keep on practicing until I get it right. I however never have felt the need to be a Catholic to the max. I’m more of a Catholic to the median. Some days I’m a Catholic to the minimum. Depends on my mood, I guess.

I’m not even sure what the max for Catholics would be. I know there are people that beat themselves and hang on a crucifix and actually have nails driven through their hands to show their devotion. I appreciate passion but that borders on fanatical. I have always failed to see how me bleeding like a stuck pig gets me closer to God. Well I mean other than the fact I might die from the blood loss.

I got on the Internet and went to the Catholic to the max website. I found out they sell t-shirts that say “Get Holy or Die Tryin’”. Wow! If you follow the logic of that t-shirt it translates to “Get Holy or Go to Hell!” since unholy folks get to surf the lake of fire for an eternity. I think this statement is a bit on the extreme side. Don’t you?

I’m not a big fan of wearing your faith on a t-shirt or a ball cap or whatever. Shouldn’t your deeds and words give some kind of clue to your faith? Shouldn’t the “Jesus is my co-pilot” bumper sticker be too much of a good thing? Didn’t Jesus chase the moneychangers out of the temple? Do you really think he wanted some schmuck to build a wacky t-shirt empire?

Anyway, enough of those brain droppings on to the chuckles. Remember this joke is a wee bit randy. So if such things are not your cup of tea then feel free to stop reading right here. Of course this warning is only worthwhile if I haven’t already offended or angered you.

Here goes nothing.

Two men are sitting at the bar talking.

One guy looks at another and says, “ I figured out how George and Laura Bush have sex.”

The second guy looks at him and says, “How do you know George and Laura Bush have sex?”

The first guy replies, “I notice things.”

“What have you noticed?” the second guy asked.

The first guy looks the second dead square in the eyes and says, “When George and Laura do it Laura is always on top.”

“What? How in the Hell do you know that?” the second guy asked.

The first guy smiles and says, “Well all George does is fuck up.”

Come On! Laugh! It’s Funny!

As always thanks for reading, especially those of you that have read all 100 posts. I promise I’ll try harder the next 100.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

it IS funny... lol

ayn

6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home