Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I know I’ve been neglecting this little corner of the blogosphere. My life is in a bit of a transition and I hope it all turns out for the better. That being said I should have more time to write things and leave them on here. It will be the usual hodge-podge of thoughtful essays and ranting and raving. So if you’ve read it before you’re in for more of the same old same old. How good or bad this is totally depends on your opinion of my writing.

There has been a lot going on lately. There have been terrorist plots revealed that don’t seem all that terrifying. A friend of mine who lives in the Czech Republic, pointed out that when the Czechs lived on the other side of the Iron Curtain the government announced threats on a regular basis. I’m not saying we live under a totalitarian communist government or anything it’s seems to be more headed for a totalitarian capitalist government. I wished I were kidding more about that.

Scooter Libby has been sentenced. I’m not sold he’ll ever see the inside of a jail cell or that he won’t get pardoned by Bush. But it’s also nice to see justice at least try and get served. I know Scooter Libby is just a career lackey who only keeps his job because he knows whose ass to kiss and how to hide evidence really well. But anytime one member of this band of inept criminals goes down in flames I’m pleased.

Bush wants to put a missile defense system in Eastern Europe. I couldn’t for the life of me figure out why. Then it hit me. Think back to when Reagan died. What was the one moment the news channels just hammered at you? It was Reagan telling Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall. See they way I got it figured Bush wants the Cold War back on so he can win it again and get his approval ratings back up from where they are now, which is in the neighborhood of an earthworm’s testicles.

Paris Hilton is going to jail. If there were any justice they’d keep her.

The Presidential Race for 2008 is starting way too early. I only have any real hope for a few candidates so far. The Republicans are all pretty much scary or pathetic. Even Internet darling Ron Paul doesn’t get me too excited. Libertarians are little more then Republicans who are unapologetic about their partying and screwing. So my interest is relatively low. The Democrats are trying to figure how to oppose the war in Iraq and still look all pro-military and macho. Sure there’s candidates like Kucinich and Richardson that I hold out an iota of hope for. I’m certain Kucinich can’t get elected, even though his wife Elizabeth would be a stellar First Lady. Richardson is a dark horse but I fear without Hollywood and the other big money factions that back Democrats he might be sunk.

I intended this entry to be a brief one. I ended up with over 500 words of random rambling and complaining. I guess that does mean I’m back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home